- Matt Donegan* – Co-President, Forest Capital Partners, LLC
- Russ Hoeflich* – VP/Director, The Nature Conservancy
- Marvin Brown* – State Forester, Oregon Department of Forestry
- Katy Coba* – Director, Oregon Department of Agriculture
- Andrea Durbin* – Executive Director, Oregon Environmental Council
- Eric Lemelson* – Owner, Lemelson Vineyards
- Jim Rue* – Businessman
- Phil Ward* – Director, Oregon Department of Water Resources
Oregon Global Warming Commission members are noted with an asterisk.
Committee Scope and Function
(Natural Resource Committee Charter, adopted May 2, 2008)
Working cooperatively with relevant state, federal, and local officials, identify the natural resources in Oregon of greatest vulnerability to the projected effects of climate change and:
- Develop environmental, social, and economic adaptation strategies designed to increase the resiliency of species, ecosystems, and environmental regimes that sustain the economy and social fabric of Oregon, and;
- Devise mitigation strategies designed to reduce greenhouse gas concentrations via carbon sequestration in ecosystems and through the use of renewable biofuels.